Meatless Monday is a global movement to cut down on our meat consumption, improve our health, and reduce our carbon footprint. If we eat vegetarian food just once a week, we can all make a difference!
Welcome to our first Meatless Monday recipe.
Simple Caprese Salad
- 4 ripe organic tomatoes
- 15 -20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into thin circular slices.
- On a plate, place tomatoes and mozzarella stacked and add sprinkle fresh basil leaves on top.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in separate bowl.
- Drizzle mozzarella, basil, and tomato with olive oil and balsamic mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
What recipes do you have for Meatless Monday? Send us your recipes!
Main picture copyright @ Tami_Moore